SOLO & ENSEMBLE
Each school year, all Winter Park Band students prepare either a solo or a small ensemble piece as a third quarter project. Students have the option of performing their piece either at FBA District 8 Solo & Ensemble MPA, or in a Solo & Ensemble Recital at WPHS. All Winter Park Band students are encouraged to participate in Solo & Ensemble Music Performance Assessment! The experience of preparing and performing a piece either individually or as a small group is invaluable for a student's musicianship. Preparing a solo or ensemble for S&E MPA (or to be performed at the non-S&E recital in February) is required for all students. Students are strongly encouraged to begin seeking out music and accompanist early on, ideally choosing their music and securing their accompanist before Thanksgiving Break!
- Solo & Ensemble MPA Registration
- Solo & Ensemble MPA Fees (SchoolPay.com link) - coming soon!
- Solo & Ensemble Music Purchase Request
- Recital Option Sign-up
- Florida Bandmasters Solo & Ensemble Required Music List
- Accompanist List (Updated 11/13/2018)